At Forte and Tablada, Inc., we pride ourselves on a dedicated staff of talented, creative and energetic individuals who operate at the highest level of professionalism while consistently producing innovative and economical solutions for our clients and their projects.
Our clients trust us to take care of them and know that we do what we say we will do in a timely manner, even as we strive to be responsive to their needs in every way. We keep their best interests at the forefront of our concerns while maintaining the highest level of excellence, integrity, and ethics. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
We operate a highly successful firm committed to continuous growth, so as to provide the greatest possible value to our clients, staff and owners and all who are associated with us. Our staff is provided opportunities to develop themselves personally and professionally, and they are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments and contributions.
Our work environment is fun, high-energy, and team-oriented. It is a pleasure to work with each other; we are outgoing, courteous, honest, and friendly. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
Forte & Tablada is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic data, familial or marital status, national origin, race, religious creed or religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forte & Tablada is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Bridge Project Manager / Project Engineer – Full Time – Baton RougeJob Description Forte and Tablada has an open position for a Project Engineer / Project Manager with 5 - 15 years of experience. The employee in this position will primarily work with other Professional Engineers and Engineer Interns in the Bridge and Structural Groups. The candidate must have a background in bridge engineering. Some experience with bridge inspection is preferred. An ability to work on several projects with multiple team members is a must. Roles & Responsibilities Daily duties will vary greatly based on experience and from project to project. The following types of projects and associated tasks can be anticipated:
- Inspection, documentation of deficiencies, and recommended repairs for existing bridges;
- Load rating of new and existing bridges;
- Coordination with project team to develop plans for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects;
- Construction observation;
- Project scoping;
- Determination of construction cost estimates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program;
- Professional Engineer registration with the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board (LAPELS);
- Experience with bridge design;
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well on diverse teams, with all levels of internal management, and clients;
- Strong verbal, written, and graphical communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and documents;
- Valid driver’s license; job will require travel to off-site locations intermittently.
- Past bridge load rating and inspection experience;
- Prior “real-world” experience. Position will require inspecting existing bridges and structures. The use of hand tools, ladders, aerial lifts, etc. can be expected.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, and Mathcad.
Civil Engineer, P.E. – Baton RougeForte & Tablada is currently seeking a Civil Site Development Engineer in our Baton Rouge Office. Candidate will be responsible for all analysis, design and coordination on diverse site development projects, from initial planning/studies through construction of the project. Position Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Louisiana required or ability to obtain through reciprocity.
- Five to 10 years’ experience in site development design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Ability to work with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Candidate must be experienced in site development design, including evaluating, planning, and designing storm water systems, paving and street design, municipal waterline distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, pump stations, and other general site development project improvements.
- Candidate must also be experienced in storm water modeling, hydrology and hydraulic analysis, potentially including HEC-HMS, HECRAS, detention system design,, and general storm sewer analysis.
- Candidate will conduct research and development of municipal, industrial, and privately held projects for compliance with local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Candidate must be familiar with zoning and subdivision regulations pertaining to development projects.
- Candidate will perform engineering design, plan production, and construction administration on projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact. Experience making presentations to Planning Commissions, City Councils, etc.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Ability to prepare man-hour estimates and schedule routine projects.
- Capable of providing clear and concise correspondence.
- Active in professional organizations.
- Assist less experienced engineers with design.
- Supervision of CAD drafting staff.
Registered Professional Land Surveyor – Shreveport
Professional Land Surveyor
SummaryThe Professional Land Surveyor performs surveys and land measurements and supervises crews completing the survey work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform Boundary, Topographic, Hydrographic and Rights of Way surveying
- Surveying services for Civil Site work including all utilities, drainage, and site layout and planning
- Surveying services for residential construction including flood elevation certificates and plot plans.
- Surveying services for Subdivision Design including small re-subdivisions to multi-acre developments including civil site-work to service the development.
- Attend Planning and Zoning meetings as required.
- Other Professional Land Surveyor related functions as required.
- Louisiana Land Surveyor License
- 2 years’ experience as PLS (minimum)
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or Microstation
- Experience with Trimble
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal screen. Additional pre-employment driving and drug screens may be required based on job responsibilities.