At Forte and Tablada, Inc., we pride ourselves on a dedicated staff of talented, creative and energetic individuals who operate at the highest level of professionalism while consistently producing innovative and economical solutions for our clients and their projects.
Our clients trust us to take care of them and know that we do what we say we will do in a timely manner, even as we strive to be responsive to their needs in every way. We keep their best interests at the forefront of our concerns while maintaining the highest level of excellence, integrity, and ethics. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
We operate a highly successful firm committed to continuous growth, so as to provide the greatest possible value to our clients, staff and owners and all who are associated with us. Our staff is provided opportunities to develop themselves personally and professionally, and they are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments and contributions.
Our work environment is fun, high-energy, and team-oriented. It is a pleasure to work with each other; we are outgoing, courteous, honest, and friendly. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
Forte & Tablada is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic data, familial or marital status, national origin, race, religious creed or religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forte & Tablada is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the application process, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Civil P.E./Project ManagerThe Baton Rouge office of Forte and Tablada, Inc., a multidisciplinary engineering firm, has an immediate opening for a Project Manager with 5 to 7+ years of experience in civil/roadway engineering. The project manager will take on the management of key projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. Forte and Tablada offers an exciting environment to learn and grow personally and professionally. Firm leaders have served at all levels on professional society and community organization boards, both locally and statewide. Our ideal candidate is one that is active in professional organizations, strives to develop strong technical expertise, and aspires to be a leader in the larger community. Project Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the high-quality execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Professional Engineer license
- 10+ years of experience in civil engineering
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Transportation design and plan production experience in road design, geometric design, signage design
- Experience with DOT projects, preferably Louisiana DOTD.
- Knowledgeable in transportation project funding
- Experienced in managing a variety of federal project stages from studies to construction administration
- Flexibility and time management to work on concurrent projects
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Computer skills, including experience with Autodesk Civil 3D, various hydraulic state and federal programs, are a plus
Civil Engineer, P.E. – Baton RougeForte & Tablada is currently seeking a Civil Site Development Engineer in our Baton Rouge Office. Candidate will be responsible for all analysis, design and coordination on diverse site development projects, from initial planning/studies through construction of the project. Position Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college.
- Professional Engineering License in the State of Louisiana required or ability to obtain through reciprocity.
- Five to 10 years’ experience in site development design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Ability to work with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Candidate must be experienced in site development design, including evaluating, planning, and designing storm water systems, paving and street design, municipal waterline distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, pump stations, and other general site development project improvements.
- Candidate must also be experienced in storm water modeling, hydrology and hydraulic analysis, potentially including HEC-HMS, HECRAS, detention system design,, and general storm sewer analysis.
- Candidate will conduct research and development of municipal, industrial, and privately held projects for compliance with local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Candidate must be familiar with zoning and subdivision regulations pertaining to development projects.
- Candidate will perform engineering design, plan production, and construction administration on projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for client contact. Experience making presentations to Planning Commissions, City Councils, etc.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Ability to prepare man-hour estimates and schedule routine projects.
- Capable of providing clear and concise correspondence.
- Active in professional organizations.
- Assist less experienced engineers with design.
- Supervision of CAD drafting staff.
CADD Tech – Advanced Measurements and Modeling – Baton RougeForte and Tablada's Advanced Measurements and Modeling Department is seeking qualified candidates for full -time employment. The opportunity consists primarily of working with large 3-dimensional point data sets derived from laser scanners, of interpreting 3D data, and of developing simple to highly complex 3D models of existing conditions. Other job focus areas may include photogrammetry, thermography, and other remote sensing technologies. Candidates with a well-rounded familiarity with architecture, engineering, and surveying is preferred. Experience using 3D CADD using either Microstation, Autocad, Revit is highly preferred. Pay will be based upon experience and educational background.
Registered Professional Land Surveyor – Shreveport
Professional Land Surveyor
SummaryThe Professional Land Surveyor performs surveys and land measurements and supervises crews completing the survey work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform Boundary, Topographic, Hydrographic and Rights of Way surveying
- Surveying services for Civil Site work including all utilities, drainage, and site layout and planning
- Surveying services for residential construction including flood elevation certificates and plot plans.
- Surveying services for Subdivision Design including small re-subdivisions to multi-acre developments including civil site-work to service the development.
- Attend Planning and Zoning meetings as required.
- Other Professional Land Surveyor related functions as required.
- Louisiana Land Surveyor License
- 2 years’ experience as PLS (minimum)
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or Microstation
- Experience with Trimble
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal screen. Additional pre-employment driving and drug screens may be required based on job responsibilities.