At Forte and Tablada, Inc., we pride ourselves on a dedicated staff of talented, creative and energetic individuals who operate at the highest level of professionalism while consistently producing innovative and economical solutions for our clients and their projects.
Our clients trust us to take care of them and know that we do what we say we will do in a timely manner, even as we strive to be responsive to their needs in every way. We keep their best interests at the forefront of our concerns while maintaining the highest level of excellence, integrity, and ethics. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
We operate a highly successful firm committed to continuous growth, so as to provide the greatest possible value to our clients, staff and owners and all who are associated with us. Our staff is provided opportunities to develop themselves personally and professionally, and they are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments and contributions.
Our work environment is fun, high-energy, and team-oriented. It is a pleasure to work with each other; we are outgoing, courteous, honest, and friendly. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
Forte & Tablada is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic data, familial or marital status, national origin, race, religious creed or religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forte & Tablada is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the application process, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Bridge/Structural Engineering Intern – Full TimeJob Description Forte and Tablada has an open position for an Engineer Intern with 0 - 2 years of experience. The employee in this position will work directly with licensed Professional Engineers in the Bridge and Structural Groups. The candidate must have a background in bridge/structural engineering or exhibit an ability to quickly learn new concepts. An ability to work on several projects at once with multiple Project Managers is a must. The position will provide a great opportunity to learn the skills necessary to further your career and become a licensed Professional Engineer. Roles & Responsibilities Daily duties will vary greatly from project to project and based on experience. The following types of projects and associated tasks can be anticipated:
- Inspection, documentation of deficiencies, and recommended repairs for existing bridges;
- Load rating of new and existing bridges;
- Coordination with project team to develop plans for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects;
- Design and plan development for commercial and institutional facilities;
- Construction observation;
- Preliminary project scoping;
- Determination of construction cost estimates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a GPA of 3.3 or higher;
- Engineer Intern registration with the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board (LAPELS), or passing score on the FE exam and ability to attain EI registration immediately after graduating for May 2019 graduates.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well on diverse teams, with all levels of internal management, and clients;
- Strong verbal, written, and graphical communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and documents;
- Valid driver’s license; job will require travel to off-site locations intermittently.
- Prior “real-world” experience. Position will require inspecting existing bridges and structures. The use of hand tools, ladders, aerial lifts, etc. can be expected.
- High performance in structural-related coursework; including Concrete Design, Steel Design, Bridge Design, and Deep Foundations.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, and Mathcad.
Engineering Intern II – Denham Springs
Engineering Intern II (All Disciplines)
SummaryPrimarily responsible for providing advanced technical support in the development/design of assigned engineering projects. The purpose of this position is to provide technical day to day support and input to the Engineering Project Managers, and for carrying out the scope of work in accordance with the proposal and/or the contract terms. This position will work directly under the supervision of a registered professional engineer in the respective discipline.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Applies judgement to perform design calculations for various aspects of design within their discipline.
- Applies judgement to perform drafting and design on projects using design and modeling software within their discipline.
- Develop project specifications
- Uses judgement to determine appropriate modifications when necessary
- Provides guidance on all above tasks to entry level EIs
- Manages time on project work according to directives from supervisors
- Works with supervisors and Project Managers to understand role within the greater organization
- 2-4+ years’ experience
- Bachelors in Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- Ability and familiarity with reading, analyzing, and interpreting drawings and documents.
- Working knowledge of design software within their respective discipline and Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Work under moderate supervision
- Flexibility and time management to work on concurrent projects under deadlines.