At Forte and Tablada, Inc., we pride ourselves on a dedicated staff of talented, creative and energetic individuals who operate at the highest level of professionalism while consistently producing innovative and economical solutions for our clients and their projects.
Our clients trust us to take care of them and know that we do what we say we will do in a timely manner, even as we strive to be responsive to their needs in every way. We keep their best interests at the forefront of our concerns while maintaining the highest level of excellence, integrity, and ethics. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
We operate a highly successful firm committed to continuous growth, so as to provide the greatest possible value to our clients, staff and owners and all who are associated with us. Our staff is provided opportunities to develop themselves personally and professionally, and they are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments and contributions.
Our work environment is fun, high-energy, and team-oriented. It is a pleasure to work with each other; we are outgoing, courteous, honest, and friendly. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
Forte & Tablada is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic data, familial or marital status, national origin, race, religious creed or religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forte & Tablada is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Advanced Measurements and Modeling CAD TechnicianForte and Tablada's Advanced Measurements and Modeling Department is seeking qualified candidates for full-time employment. The opportunity primarily consists of working with large 3-dimensional point data sets derived from laser scanners, interpreting 3D data, and developing simple to highly complex 3D models of existing conditions. Other job focus areas may include photogrammetry, thermography, and other remote sensing technologies. Candidates with a well-rounded familiarity with architecture, engineering, and surveying are preferred. Experience using 3D CADD using either Microstation, Autocad, Revit is highly preferred. Pay will be based upon experience and educational background.
Bridge/Structural Engineering Professional Engineer – Full Time – Baton RougeJob Description Forte and Tablada has an open position for a Professional Engineer with 4+ years of experience. The employee in this position will work directly with licensed Professional Engineers in the Bridge and Structural Groups, as well as the Civil/Roadway Design Group. The candidate must have a background in bridge/structural engineering or exhibit an ability to quickly learn new concepts. An ability to work on several projects at once with multiple Project Managers is a must. Roles & Responsibilities Daily duties will vary greatly from project to project and based on experience. The following types of projects and associated tasks can be anticipated:
- Inspection, documentation of deficiencies, and recommended repairs for existing bridges;
- Load rating of new and existing bridges;
- Coordination with project team to develop plans for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects;
- Design and plan development for commercial and institutional facilities;
- Construction observation;
- Preliminary project scoping;
- Determination of construction cost estimates.
- Structural design for bridges and heavy civil structures.
- Professional Engineer registration with the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board (LAPELS);
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well on diverse teams, with all levels of internal management, and clients;
- Strong verbal, written, and graphical communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Structural Analysis Software Packages (STAAD, Mathcad, AASHTOWare BRR), AutoCAD or MicroStation, Microsoft Excel, and Word;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and documents;
- Experience in the analysis and design of bridges, heavy civil structural, and steel structures.
- Valid driver’s license; job will require travel to off-site locations intermittently.
- Prior “real-world” experience. The position will require inspecting existing bridges and structures. The use of hand tools, ladders, aerial lifts, etc. can be expected.
Engineering Intern II – Denham Springs
Engineering Intern II (All Disciplines)
SummaryPrimarily responsible for providing advanced technical support in the development/design of assigned engineering projects. The purpose of this position is to provide technical day to day support and input to the Engineering Project Managers, and for carrying out the scope of work in accordance with the proposal and/or the contract terms. This position will work directly under the supervision of a registered professional engineer in the respective discipline.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Applies judgment to perform design calculations for various aspects of design within their discipline.
- Applies judgment to perform drafting and design on projects using design and modeling software within their discipline.
- Develop project specifications
- Uses judgment to determine appropriate modifications when necessary
- Provides guidance on all above tasks to entry-level EIs
- Manages time on project work according to directives from supervisors
- Works with supervisors and Project Managers to understand role within the greater organization
- 2-4+ years’ experience
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Completion of Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- Ability and familiarity with reading, analyzing, and interpreting drawings and documents.
- Working knowledge of design software within their respective discipline and Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Work under moderate supervision
- Flexibility and time management to work on concurrent projects under deadlines.
Professional Engineer/Project Manager
Professional Engineer/Project Manager
SummaryDesigns and supervises engineering projects within their discipline of engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzes reports, maps, data, whatever is applicable information to plan projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in the planning stages
- If applicable, compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility or for the client’s use.
- Use design software to plan and design various types of projects in line with industry and government standards
- Oversee, or participate in, surveying or measurements to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
- If necessary, present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
- Must meet deadlines set by either the client or internally to meet or exceed a client’s expectations.
- Work with all disciplines to coordinate, plan and design projects.
- 5-7+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an ABET-accredited university
- Licensed in the State of Louisiana.