At Forte and Tablada, Inc., we pride ourselves on a dedicated staff of talented, creative and energetic individuals who operate at the highest level of professionalism while consistently producing innovative and economical solutions for our clients and their projects.
Our clients trust us to take care of them and know that we do what we say we will do in a timely manner, even as we strive to be responsive to their needs in every way. We keep their best interests at the forefront of our concerns while maintaining the highest level of excellence, integrity, and ethics. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
We operate a highly successful firm committed to continuous growth, so as to provide the greatest possible value to our clients, staff and owners and all who are associated with us. Our staff is provided opportunities to develop themselves personally and professionally, and they are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments and contributions.
Our work environment is fun, high-energy, and team-oriented. It is a pleasure to work with each other; we are outgoing, courteous, honest, and friendly. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
Forte & Tablada is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic data, familial or marital status, national origin, race, religious creed or religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forte & Tablada is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the application process, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Structural Engineer Intern – Baton Rouge
Bridge/Structural Engineering Intern or Recent Professional Engineer – Full TimeJob Description Forte and Tablada has an open position for an Engineer Intern with 0 - 4 years of experience or an individual that has recently become a licensed Professional Engineer. The employee in this position will work directly with licensed Professional Engineers in the Bridge and Structural Groups. The candidate must have a background in bridge/structural engineering or exhibit an ability to quickly learn new concepts. An ability to work on several projects at once with multiple Project Managers is a must. The position will provide a great opportunity to learn the skills necessary to further your career, whether that is becoming a licensed Professional Engineer or a Project Manager. Roles & Responsibilities Daily duties will vary greatly from project to project and based on experience. The following types of projects and associated tasks can be anticipated:
- Inspection, documentation of deficiencies, and recommended repairs for existing bridges;
- Load rating of new and existing bridges;
- Coordination with project team to develop plans for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects;
- Design and plan development for commercial and institutional facilities;
- Construction observation;
- Preliminary project scoping;
- Determination of construction cost estimates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a GPA of 3.3 or higher;
- Engineer Intern registration with the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board (LAPELS), or passing score on the FE exam and ability to attain EI registration immediately after graduating for May 2018 graduates.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well on diverse teams, with all levels of internal management, and clients;
- Strong verbal, written, and graphical communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and documents;
- Valid driver’s license; job will require travel to off-site locations intermittently.
- Prior “real-world” experience. Position will require inspecting existing bridges and structures. The use of hand tools, ladders, aerial lifts, etc. can be expected.
- High performance in structural-related coursework; including Concrete Design, Steel Design, Bridge Design, and Deep Foundations.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, and Mathcad.
Civil Engineer Intern – ShreveportERP: HTF-2
Engineering Intern I
SummaryPrimarily responsible for providing technical support in the development/design of assigned engineering projects. This position will work directly under the supervision of a registered professional engineer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Applies standard industry techniques and procedure to perform design calculations for grading, drainage, sanitary sewer, utilities, bridge, roadway, and site development
- Performs design work on projects using applicable engineering design and modeling software, according to industry standards
- Provides project documentation
- Manages time on project work according to directives from supervisors
- Works with supervisors and Project Managers to begin to understand role within the greater organization
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in the assigned discipline of Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Completion of Fundamentals Engineering Exam preferably prior to graduation or within 6 months post-graduation
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and documents.
- Basic knowledge of all applicable computer software for Engineering discipline and Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Flexibility and time management to work on concurrent projects under deadlines.
Registered Professional Land Surveyor – Shreveport
Professional Land Surveyor
SummaryThe Professional Land Surveyor performs surveys and land measurements and supervises crews completing the survey work.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform Boundary, Topographic, Hydrographic and Rights of Way surveying
- Surveying services for Civil Site work including all utilities, drainage, and site layout and planning
- Surveying services for residential construction including flood elevation certificates and plot plans.
- Surveying services for Subdivision Design including small re-subdivisions to multi-acre developments including civil site-work to service the development.
- Attend Planning and Zoning meetings as required.
- Other Professional Land Surveyor related functions as required.
- Louisiana Land Surveyor License
- 2 years’ experience as PLS (minimum)
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or Microstation
- Experience with Trimble
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Regular, reliable and predictable performance required
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal screen. Additional pre-employment driving and drug screens may be required based on job responsibilities.
Survey Party Chief – Baton RougeHTF-3 Forte and Tablada, is seeking a Party Chief with experience in boundary and topographic surveys. Candidates must be able to successfully run a survey crew and be familiar with Trimble equipment. Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform topographic and cross-section surveys as required.
- Compiles notes, sketches and records of data obtained and work performed.
- Maintain condition and adjustment of surveying equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Manage and coordinate survey crews in support of work activities
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use all surveying equipment and techniques.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Familiar with Trimble equipment.