At Forte and Tablada, Inc., we pride ourselves on a dedicated staff of talented, creative and energetic individuals who operate at the highest level of professionalism while consistently producing innovative and economical solutions for our clients and their projects.
Our clients trust us to take care of them and know that we do what we say we will do in a timely manner, even as we strive to be responsive to their needs in every way. We keep their best interests at the forefront of our concerns while maintaining the highest level of excellence, integrity, and ethics. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
We operate a highly successful firm committed to continuous growth, so as to provide the greatest possible value to our clients, staff and owners and all who are associated with us. Our staff is provided opportunities to develop themselves personally and professionally, and they are recognized and rewarded for their accomplishments and contributions.
Our work environment is fun, high-energy, and team-oriented. It is a pleasure to work with each other; we are outgoing, courteous, honest, and friendly. We are active participants in and contribute individually and as a firm to the engineering and surveying profession and the communities in which we operate. We are recognized as leaders in the profession and the community.
Forte & Tablada is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic data, familial or marital status, national origin, race, religious creed or religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Forte & Tablada is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the application process, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Bridge/Structural Engineering Intern – Full TimeJob Description Forte and Tablada has an open position for an Engineer Intern with 0 - 2 years of experience. The employee in this position will work directly with licensed Professional Engineers in the Bridge and Structural Groups. The candidate must have a background in bridge/structural engineering or exhibit an ability to quickly learn new concepts. An ability to work on several projects at once with multiple Project Managers is a must. The position will provide a great opportunity to learn the skills necessary to further your career and become a licensed Professional Engineer. Roles & Responsibilities Daily duties will vary greatly from project to project and based on experience. The following types of projects and associated tasks can be anticipated:
- Inspection, documentation of deficiencies, and recommended repairs for existing bridges;
- Load rating of new and existing bridges;
- Coordination with project team to develop plans for bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects;
- Design and plan development for commercial and institutional facilities;
- Construction observation;
- Preliminary project scoping;
- Determination of construction cost estimates.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program with a GPA of 3.3 or higher;
- Engineer Intern registration with the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board (LAPELS), or passing score on the FE exam and ability to attain EI registration immediately after graduating for May 2019 graduates.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work well on diverse teams, with all levels of internal management, and clients;
- Strong verbal, written, and graphical communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings and documents;
- Valid driver’s license; job will require travel to off-site locations intermittently.
- Prior “real-world” experience. Position will require inspecting existing bridges and structures. The use of hand tools, ladders, aerial lifts, etc. can be expected.
- High performance in structural-related coursework; including Concrete Design, Steel Design, Bridge Design, and Deep Foundations.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, and Mathcad.
Marketing and Proposals ManagerJob Summary The role will require the individual to use their strategic thinking, collaborative skills, strong communication acumen, and eye for graphics to create proposals, presentations and marketing collateral, all in concert with our executive team and project managers. Responsibilities
- Management of the full life cycle of the proposal preparation process from initial stage to final production and delivery.
- Coordinate multiple proposals and qualifications submissions simultaneously in an effective and efficient manner under tight deadlines.
- Detailed writing and editing, formatting and design layout of marketing documents.
- Manage proposal data in Deltek Vision.
- Research in support of pursuit efforts.
- Monitor external procurement sites to identify and track opportunities and conduct web-based market research in support of business development and operations personnel.
- Write supporting sales materials including project descriptions, resumes, service line overviews, and executive summaries, etc.
- Sales acumen in order to represent the firm appropriately with teaming partners and subcontractors.
- Manage library of project descriptions, resumes, proposals and allied marketing materials.
- Organize conference participation, exhibit and marketing materials. Participate in networking events, industry and professional organizations, and trade shows.
- Write/distribute/post internal and external memos, e-blasts, press releases, and social media updates.
- Provide content updates to the company website
- Support of photo/image management, including head shots, project photography, image database.
- Create and develop design graphics for digital marketing communications and collateral pieces, specifically; brochures, proposals, invitations, posters, and event materials.
- Manage time appropriately and flexibility to work overtime to meet all pursuit deadlines.
- BA or BS degree.
- Five years plus experience in marketing professional services.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and InDesign.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, PhotoShop, and other graphics software a plus.
- A/E/C (Architecture/Engineering/Construction) industry knowledge or experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English or related degree
- Database management experience
Professional Engineer – Civil Site DesignRP: HTF-1
SummaryDesigns and supervises engineering projects within their discipline of engineering. The Civil Site Design P.E. will work for government, commercial and residential development clients entailing all aspects of site development design such as grading, drainage, storm water management, water and sewer, erosion and sediment control, as well as plan and permit processing and technical writing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzes reports, maps, and data to plan projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in project-planning stages
- If applicable, compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies verifying that projects comply with various regulations
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility or for the client’s use.
- Use design software to plan and design various types of projects in line with industry and government standards
- Coordinate surveying requirements to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
- If necessary, present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
- Must meet deadlines set by either the client or internally in order to meet or exceed a client’s expectations.
- Work with all disciplines to coordinate, plan and design projects.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in Civil Site Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an ABET accredited University
- Licensed in Louisiana (P.E.)
Rodman – Baton Rouge
SummaryResponsible for transporting and setting up the instruments and equipment associated with surveying land and preparing the job site for a survey.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Clean and care for survey equipment
- Clean and service survey vehicles
- Place sight rods, targets, and tripod reflectors on survey points
- Give line with plum bob, target, and EDM staff reflector if necessary
- Drive stakes and markers and assist in placement of monuments
- Dig for buried monuments and markers
- Use hand tools such as sledge, axe, chainsaw, Kaiser blade, shovel, etc.
- Clear brush for view, climb trees to trim limbs
- Carry and use level rod, range pole, sighting pole and prism for obtaining required survey data
- Set up safety equipment and flag traffic when necessary
- Traverse rugged terrain, fences, bluffs, brush and timber, creeks and streams, etc.
- Carry sign posts, reinforcing bars and other materials
- Train in the operation of survey instruments, automated electronic data collection, calculators and GPS equipment
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Have a VALID and CURRENT Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Physical ability to work with hand tools.
- Ability to traverse at least two miles over rugged terrain, through water, and work in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to stand and operate surveying equipment for at least two hours without a break.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds of equipment and supplies for at least two hours without a break.