Stake-out Surveying on I-10

In January 2012, the widening portion of I-10 (between I-12 and LA 42) was approved after a collaborative effort between Forte & Tablada, Inc., James Construction Group (JCG) and Volkert Engineering significantly redesigned plans to match existing field conditions.

The initial work to the I-10 between I-12 and LA 42 (Highland Road) began in summer 2010.  LA DOTD began design for the widening in 2002 with Boh Brother/JCG and Volkert Engineering as the contractor/design team.  The $60.5 million project comprised of widening I-10 (enclosing the grass median) by adding a third lane and 15 feet inside shoulder for 73% of the project, full width replacement for the remaining 27% and two new bridges.




Baton Rouge, LA

Scroll to Top